Monday 29 March 2010

First sea swim completed !!!

In case you were in any doubt, the English Channel is quite cold in March - just below 8 degrees to be precise ! Even so, I managed to brave the water for my target 10 minutes and then ran back to my coach (and thick North Face coat) in record time across the sand. It took me a good 30 minutes to warm back up again, but I felt great during the swim and afterwards. The hardest part is getting your face in the water which is painful to start with but OK once the numbness kicks in.

Whilst standing on the beach in nothing but Speedos and a swim cap, I did think (not for the first time) that I am a little mad to be doing this, but the thought of the numerous messages of support from all of you and the opportunity to raise such a large amount of money motivated me to head out to sea.

You may be sad to know that the technology let us down on the video footage side so there is only a quick clip of me pre-swim, but I will post this on the website in the next few days so you can get a feel for what it was like on the day. Pretty desolate is how I would describe the view from the water !!

Thanks again for the support. Please do keep it coming and spread the word around your friends as my official fundraising starts soon !

No comments: